Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

It's Hygge! (Hoo-guh)

Hygge (pronounced hoo-guh)
Say that fast three times... and it sounds like an antique car horn!

But it's a Danish tradition, and some say, it may be in part responsible for the positive outlook that a lot of Danes have. That may be an over-simplification, but I'm game to give it a whirl.

Usually, right after Christmas, I begin to feel the doldrums as we wade through the spent wrapping paper, find a place for the new gifts, in general, begin cleaning up and "decluttering" after the holiday decorating. And then the house feels cold, warm lights that were in the windows get put away in another couple of weeks.
Moon Rainbow, by Sasa J.

But this year, I say "no. No, vahelde!" ('scuse my Danish). I want that wintery warmth to continue all winter long! So I have decided, I will not take my lights out of the windows. I will be a beacon of warmth all through the winter season. I will set the table for every meal, enjoying the simple things, bringing in warmth from the wonderful Shops at A&W Collectables, and sharing that warmth with family and friends.
Piggy Chalkboard from HLM's Country Cozies
Moustache Mugs - from "BC" - Bob's Booth
Flower Pot from "The Porch" at A&W

So come on in to the shop this winter and enjoy Hygge! And here, throughout the next couple of months,  I'll be sharing hygge with you, our friends from "The House That A&W Collectables Filled".
Game Table from "The Barn" at A&W
Floor Lamp from "BC" Bob's Booth
Window Light from CAA's Booth

No comments:

Post a Comment